At Solon United Methodist Church, we believe that it is essential to deepen our understanding of God, the Bible, and God’s will for our lives. One of the best ways to do this is through small groups, classes, and Bible studies. We offer these educational opportunities on Sunday mornings, and then throughout the week. Find one you like, and dive in!
Various short-term classes (lasting for 4 to 8 weeks) are offered throughout the year.
- Sunday School: (September – May at 9:10 am)
- Groups vary in content and study. Some are organized by age, life stage, or simply by topic.
- Disciple’s Path: (7 weeks)
- A small group that explores the basics of Christianity in a relaxed, nurturing atmosphere.
- Short-term Bible study: (6-8 weeks)
- During times such as advent or lent, studying selected portions of the Bible, usually on Sundays or Wednesdays.
Adult Small Groups / Ministries
We all long to be loved and accepted. We want to have vital and meaningful relationships with others. Thankfully, God never intended for anyone to go through life alone. One of the primary ways that we build relationships at Solon United Methodist Church is through our Small Group Ministry, where we care and pray for one another, worship God, study and apply the Bible to our daily lives, and simply hang out, do life, and have fun! For information about our small group events, contact Pastor Scott, or check out the Announcements Board at the Church.
- Tuesday Connect Group: Tuesday mornings at 6:30 am.
- Christ is among us in fresh ways when we gather together, listening to God and to each other. The Tuesday Connect group is a once a week gathering for 45 minutes. We will meet in the Family Life Center.
- Coffee Connection: Is Wednesdays beginning at 9:00 am
- This is an informal group who meet in the Fellowship Hall for coffee and fellowship. The discussions vary and usually they decide on a lunch location and continue on to there.
- Crafts, Creativity and Christ: Meets on the 1st Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm in Fellowship Hall.
- Each meeting has a theme and a new craft to be created. The group meets for 1 hour or more depending on the craft being created.
- Comforter’s Group: Meets on the 1st Tuesday of month at 6:30 pm
- They create prayer shawls to give to those who need one as a tangible reminder of our prayers for support while facing a trial or to mark a special event in life such as a baptism or wedding. The group is happy to teach others how to knit or crochet. Each stitch is a prayer and each shawl is given with a note and a blessing. Are you aware of someone who might appreciate the gift of a prayer shawl? Give the church a call, we are happy to spread these blessings.
- SOS(Sisters of Strength):
- This women’s group started out reading the Simply Relevant book series, but has since migrated to other books. They are currently meeting at 7pm on Mondays in the choir area of the sanctuary.
- United Methodist Men: Meets on the first Saturday of the month at 7:00 am
- The UM men meet for breakfast, fellowship, and devotions.
- United Methodist Women: Meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 1:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
- Adult Chancel Choir: Meets Wednesdays at 7:30 pm in the Sanctuary
- Celebration Bells: Meets Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in the Sanctuary
- Church & Society Ministry Team: Meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
- What the Bible is All About: Meets Wednesdays at 6:30 pm in the Lower Level of the church
To join classes or for more information, contact us at email@example.com
Church Committees and Council
We have a number of committees in the church that run in the background and take care of things. Trustees take care of the buildings, grounds and the physical structures. SPRC takes care of the staff and relationships with parish. Finance takes care of the church budget and balancing our income with our expenses. The Church Council is board made up of the chairs of the various committees that meets once a month to consider the current state of things and take care of the business of the church and plan for how to best carry out our mission.