Church and Society Ministry Team
April – NAMI Walk
May – Mental Health Awareness
(Adopted January 23, 2018)
Church and Society Ministry Team of the Solon United Methodist Church
The Church & Society Ministry Team of SUMC welcomes & accepts ALL people regardless of where they are on their life’s journey.
- If you are faithful, doubting, or seeking we welcome you,
- If you are 3 days old, 30 years old, or 103 years old,
- If you were born in Mexico, Syria or anywhere else in the world,
- If you are male, female, transgender, or gender non-conforming,
- If you are straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual or asexual,
- If you are a person with a disability, without a disability, or a person with mental health issues,
- If you are single, married, divorced, widowed, with children, without children, or partnered,
- If you are a Republican, Democrat, Independent, Socialist, or not registered to vote,
- If you are Asian, Hispanic, African American, Native American, White, or multi-racial,
- If you have, or had, addictions, bankruptcies, or a criminal record,
- If you own your home, rent, live with your parents, or are homeless.
All are welcomed to join us in a journey toward greater Christian love, understanding, and mutual respect.
The Church & Society Ministry Team of the Solon United Methodist Church is committed to fostering a loving, welcoming interfaith community centered in the Good News of Jesus Christ, which is for ALL people. Therefore, in faithfulness to the Gospel and to the best of our ability, we strive to demonstrate our commitment through connecting, igniting and loving all who seek to experience God’s abiding love and to become disciples of Jesus the Christ.