Children & Christian Education
Christian Education Registration Form COMING SOON!
Christian Education September through April
Our Children’s Christian Education classes are in an updated, traditional format! The vision of educational ministries here is to develop Christian disciples who have a healthy relationship with Jesus Christ. Students learn to put their faith into loving action and service beyond the four walls of any church building. We support this vision by providing caring instructors, a safe learning environment, excellent curriculum, and opportunities to be placed into God’s service with others.
“Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” – Proverbs 22:6
The 2019-2020 children’s classes and locations are as follows:
- * Preschool (ages 3 & 4) – taught by Jay & Helen Proffitt – LL, 2nd hallway, last room on right
- * Pre-K / Kindergarten (ages 5 & 6) – taught by Jen Hawks – LL, 2nd hallway, last classroom on left
- * 1st grade –taught by Katie Deike and McKenzie McIlrath – LL, 2nd hallway, first room on left
- * 2nd&3rd grade – taught by Melissa Tiedemann and Kate Gordon – LL, 2nd hallway, first classroom on right
- * 4th grade – taught by Kera Recker and Jill Schmidt – LL, 2nd hallway, second room on right
- * 5th grade – taught by Jill Weetman – LL, 1st hallway, second room on left
- 6th – 8th grade – taught by Sue Wilkinson – FLC, up stairs, first classroom on right
- 9th – 12th grade – taught by Jason Owen – FLC, up stairs, third classroom on right
On all Sundays children will meet in the sanctuary: Preschool through 5th grade in the sanctuary to have music time with Pastor Lisa, and 6th grade through Adult meet in the Family Life Center (FLC).
* Children’s music is from 9:15-9:30 am (Preschool-5th grade). Children’s music (preschool thru 5th grade) is a part of Sunday School and kids will meet in the Sanctuary and then walk to their classroom with their teacher when music time is over. 6th grade and up are invited to join the Adult choir for practice and performances.
Everyone is welcome to join us! We have classes from 3-years-old to Adult.
REGISTRATION: We need to keep current on contact information for all children, so please take a moment to fill our a registration form for each new year. Just click on the following: Registration Form and submit it via email or drop it by the office, or you can get a hardcopy form to fill out on the first day your child attends class.
Co-teachers are needed in almost all classrooms. Teams of 3 teachers allow for more flexibility, so teachers can switch off and every teacher does not need to teach every week. Please consider teaching, you will love it! High School students will receive Silver Cord hours for teaching Sunday School. Contact Jill Weetman at 319-330-8961 or email@example.com to help.
LL = Lower Level of Church, FLC = Family Life Center
Check out mid-week programming links below for children and youth:
Interested in participating? Contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org