Christian Education Hour
Christian Education Hour is from 9 to 10 AM
(September 9, 2018 – May 5, 2019) For the week by week schedule, click here.
(We do NOT have Sunday School during the summer. Look for more information about Vacation Bible School announcements in June.)
Christian Education is for all ages at 9:00 AM beginning September 9. The Christian Education hour offers classes to further discussion and enriched fellowship. For more information on each class, please click on one of the links: Children and Youth, Adults
The children’s classes and locations are as follows: s follows:
- * Preschool (ages 3 & 4) – taught by Jay & Helen Proffitt – LL, 2nd hallway, last room on right
- * Pre-K / Kindergarten (ages 5 & 6) – taught by Jen Hawks, Deb Havel and Karen Hahn – LL, 2nd hallway, last classroom on left
- * 1st grade –taught by Katie Deike and Jeannie Jedlicka – LL, 2nd hallway, first room on left
- * 2nd&3rd grade – taught by Carol Richards and Kate Gordon – LL, 2nd hallway, first classroom on right
- * 4th&5th grade (Intermediate) – taught by Kera Recker, Brooke Dvorsky and Jill Schmidt – LL, 2nd hallway, second room on left
- 6th – 8th grade – taught by Sue Wilkinson & John McFarland – FLC, up stairs, first classroom on right
- 9th – 12th grade – taught by Jason Owen – FLC, up stairs, third classroom on right
On all Sundays children will meet in their classrooms: Preschool through 5th grade in the lower level of the church, and 6th grade through Adult meet in the Family Life Center (FLC).
* Children’s music is from 9:10-9:20 am (Preschool-5th grade). Children’s music (preschool thru 5th grade) is a part of Sunday School and kids will walk with their class to the large group room.
Everyone is welcome to join us! We have classes from 3-years-old to Adult.
REGISTRATION: We need to keep current on contact information for all children, so please take a moment to fill our a registration form for each new year. Just click on the following: Registration Form and submit it electronically, or you can get a hard copy form to fill out on the first day your child attends class.
Co-teachers are needed in almost all classrooms. Teams of 3 teachers allow for more flexibility, so teachers can switch off and every teacher doesn’t need to be present every week. Please consider teaching, you will love it! High School students will receive Silver Cord hours for teaching Sunday School. Contact Jill Weetman at 319-330-8961 or email@example.com to help.
Adult Con.nect Groups (Connect with God, connect with others)
- The Wesley SS Class offers a Christian book study & discussion that invites us on a faith journey of exploration & discovery. Our current book study is “Less than Perfect” by Ann Spangler. For additional information, contact Phil & Tawnia Kakacek. Coffee is available and all are welcome to join us from 9:15am – 10am in the FLC, downstairs, first classroom on the right.
LL = Lower Level of Church, FLC = Family Life Center