Christian Education Hour is Sundays at 9:15 AM
(September – April)
(There is no Christian Education Hour during summer)
Christian Education for all ages is at 9:15 AM, and begins for the fall session – September 8, 2019. Christian Education classes offer further discussion and enriched fellowship. For more information on each class, Please click on one of the links for more information. Children and Youth, Adults
The children’s classes and locations are as follows:
- * Preschool (ages 3 & 4) – taught by Jay & Helen Proffitt – LL, 2nd hallway, last room on right
- * Pre-K / Kindergarten (ages 5 & 6) – taught by Jen Hawks – LL, 2nd hallway, last classroom on left
- * 1st grade –taught by Katie Deike and McKenzie McIlrath – LL, 2nd hallway, first room on left
- * 2nd&3rd grade – taught by Melissa Tiedemann and Kate Gordon – LL, 2nd hallway, first classroom on right
- * 4th grade – taught by Kera Recker and Jill Schmidt – LL, 2nd hallway, second room on right
- * 5th grade – taught by Jill Weetman – LL, 1st hallway, second room on left
- 6th – 8th grade – taught by Sue Wilkinson – FLC, up stairs, first classroom on right
- 9th – 12th grade – taught by Jason Owen – FLC, up stairs, third classroom on right
* Children’s music is from 9:15-9:30 am (Preschool-5th grade). Children’s music (preschool thru 5th grade) is a part of Sunday School and kids will walk with their class to the large group room.
Everyone is welcome to join us! We have classes from 3-years-old to Adult. Click the following to see this year’s Sunday School Calendar.
REGISTRATION: We need to keep current on contact information for all children, so please take a moment to fill our a registration form for each new year. Just click on the following: Registration Form and email a scanned version back to us or drop it by the church office, or you can get a hardcopy form to fill out on the first day your child attends class.
Co-teachers are needed in almost all classrooms. Teams of 3 teachers allow for more flexibility, so teachers can switch off and every teacher doesn’t have to be there every week. Please consider teaching, you will love it! High School students will receive Silver Cord hours for helping with Sunday School. Contact Jill Weetman at 319-330-8961 or email@example.com to help.
Adult Con.nect Groups (Connect with God, connect with others)
- The Wesley SS Class offers a Christian book study & discussion that invites us on a faith journey of exploration & discovery. Our current book study is “Less than Perfect” by Ann Spangler. For additional information, contact Phil & Tawnia Kakacek. Coffee is available and all are welcome to join us from 9:15am – 10am in the FLC, downstairs, first classroom on the right.
LL = Lower Level of Church, FLC = Family Life Center