United Methodist Women
“The place where Mission and Women Intersect”
A Community of Women: Young, middle-aged, older, diverse in backgrounds, appearance, and gifts yet celebrating that diversity. This group of women combine mission with care and action. All are welcome!
The General Meeting of the United Methodist Women meets on the first Wednesday of month at 1:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall.
Our purpose is to know GOD and to experience freedom as whole persons through JESUS CHRIST; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Membership is for women who wish to organize for mission:
- By giving
- By prayer study
- By actions
- By service
They have provided:
- Warm covers for campers at the Iowa UMC campground
- Supplies for women and children in the local domestic violence shelters
- Greeting card-recycling for the Old Gold Senior projects
- Support for mission projects all over the globe
- Worship and planned activities at the local nursing home
- Study of the root causes of poverty, hunger and homelessness around the globe
For more information or to join us contact email@example.com.