8:00 & 10:15 AM
The service is held in an intimate, family setting with a typical length of 1 hour. All are welcome. You’ll find all kinds of folks at Solon United Methodist Church, and a broad range of attire from moderately dressy to completely casual.
Music in our services is praise-and-worship oriented, featuring a blend of contemporary and traditional music. Worship at SUMC allows people of all ages to experience worship and meaningful teaching in a personal, relevant format. On any given Sunday you will hear music from our uplifting Chancel Choir, Sunday School Choir-Soul Patrol, Praise Band, Double Quartet (DQ), Hand Bell Ensembles, or other instrumentalists, soloists and ensembles. Multimedia presentations are used to enhance the worship experience.
Children of all ages are welcome in worship! However, for your convenience, we do offer a nursery with paid staff for children on Sundays.
Fellowship is immediately after each worship service. It is a time for refreshments and fellowship with one another. Fellowship Time is located in the Fellowship Hall directly off of the Sanctuary.
Christian Education Hour is at 9:00 AM
(September 10, 2017 – May 2018)
(There is no Sunday School during summer)
Christian Education for all ages is at 9:00 AM beginning September 10. Christian Education classes offer further discussion and enriched fellowship. For more information on each class, Please click on one of the links for more information. Children and Youth, Adults
The children’s classes and locations are as follows:
- * Preschool (ages 3 & 4) – taught by Jay & Helen Proffitt – LL, 2nd hallway, last classroom on right
- * Pre-K / Kindergarten (ages 5 & 6) – taught by Jen Hawks and Alice Mally – LL, 2nd hallway, last classroom on left
- * 1st grade – taught by Mike and Amanda Kleppe – LL, 2nd hallway, first classroom on left
- *2nd grade – taught by Elizabeth Hand & James McAtee -LL, 2nd hallway, second classroom on right
- * 3rd grade – taught by Jodi Smith & Kate Gordon – LL, 2nd hallway, first classroom on right
- * 4th grade – taught by Kera Recker & Brittney Dvorsky – LL, 2nd hallway, turn right up the stairs, 2nd room on left
- 5th & 6th grade – taught by Michelle Gnida & Jill Weetman – LL, 1st hallway, last classroom on left (church library)
- 7th & 8th grade – taught by Sue Wilkinson & Charity Adams – FLC, up stairs, first classroom on right
- 9th – 12th grade – taught by Jason Owen & still looking for a co-teacher – FLC, up stairs, third classroom on right
* Children’s music is from 9:00-9:15 am (Preschool-4 grade). They meet in the lower level large group room.
Adult Con.nect Groups (Connect with God, connect with others)
- Home Builders is a class that offers fellowship and biblical direction for your relationship with God, each other and your families, taught by Mike & Kim Turner. – FLC, up stairs, second classroom on right
- Wesley Class is challenging our faith through exploration, life-sharing, scripture, & discovery, taught by Phil & Tawnia Kakacek (9:10 am) – FLC, downstairs, first classroom on right
- Coffee with Scott: Have you ever had a hard question about God or your faith, but been afraid to ask anyone about it? Class is taught by Pastor Scott Keele Kober. – Fellowship Hall
LL = Lower Level of Church, FLC = Family Life Center