8:00 & 10:15 AM
The service is held in an intimate, family setting with a typical length of 1 hour. All are welcome. You’ll find all kinds of folks at Solon United Methodist Church, and a broad range of attire from moderately dressy to completely casual.
Music in our services is praise-and-worship oriented, featuring a blend of contemporary and traditional music. Worship at SUMC allows people of all ages to experience worship and meaningful teaching in a personal, relevant format. On any given Sunday you will hear music from our uplifting Chancel Choir, Sunday School Singers, Praise Band, Double Quartet (DQ), Hand Bell Ensembles, or other instrumentalists, soloists and ensembles. Multimedia presentations are used to enhance the worship experience.
Children of all ages are welcome in worship! However, for your convenience, we do offer a nursery with paid staff for children on Sundays.
Fellowship is immediately after each worship service. It is a time for refreshments and fellowship with one another. Fellowship Time is located in the Fellowship Hall directly off of the Sanctuary.
Christian Education Hour is at 9:00 AM
(September 10, 2017 – May 6, 2018)
(There is no Sunday School during summer)
Christian Education for all ages is at 9:00 AM beginning September 10. Christian Education classes offer further discussion and enriched fellowship. For more information on each class, Please click on one of the links for more information. Children and Youth, Adults
The children’s classes and locations are as follows:
- * Preschool (ages 3 & 4) – taught by Jay & Helen Proffitt, Natalie Jacobson – LL, 2nd hallway, last room on right
- * Pre-K / Kindergarten (ages 5 & 6) – taught by Jen Hawks, Alice Mally and Karen Hahn – LL, 2nd hallway, last classroom on left
- * 1st/2nd grade –taught by Katie Deike, Lindy Hopp and Caroline Sherman – LL, 2nd hallway, first room on left
- * 3rd grade – taught by Carol & Jill Richards and Kate Gordon – LL, 2nd hallway, first classroom on right
- * 4th grade – taught by Kera Recker, Brooke Dvorsky and one open spot – LL, 2nd hallway, turn right up the stairs, second room on left
- 5th & 6th grade – taught by Eric & Jill Weetman and Deb Ruff – LL, 1st hallway, last classroom on left (library)
- 7th & 8th grade – taught by Sue Wilkinson & Michelle Gnida and one open spot – FLC, up stairs, first classroom on right
- 9th – 12th grade – taught by Jason Owen and one open spot – FLC, up stairs, third classroom on right
* Children’s music is from 9:00-9:15 am (Preschool-4 grade). They meet in the lower level large group room.
Adult Con.nect Groups (Connect with God, connect with others)
- Home Builders is a class that offers fellowship and biblical direction for your relationship with God, each other and your families, taught by Mike & Kim Turner. – FLC, up stairs, second classroom on right
- Wesley Class is challenging our faith through exploration, life-sharing, scripture, & discovery, taught by Phil & Tawnia Kakacek (9:10 am) – FLC, downstairs, first classroom on right
- Disciple’s Path: 8 week course on matters specific to the United Methodist Church and discussions on what it means to be a disciple and steps on that path. Class is taught by Pastor Scott Keele Kober. begins Sept 24.
- Sisters of Strength (SOS) -women’s group that meets on Mondays at 7:00 pm and discusses the current book they’ve selected for reading, Becky Lighty is the leader – meets in the choir loft area
- Connect Group – Bible Study group that meets on Tuesdays at 6:30 am, Pastor Scott is the leader – meets in the family life center
LL = Lower Level of Church, FLC = Family Life Center