Our Vision & Goals
Our community of faith at Solon United Methodist Church yearns to be a place where people are encouraged to hear God’s voice, love one another, show compassion to others, and follow Jesus more closely than ever before. We desire to pour forth God’s love in every direction, so our local and global community can be transformed.
Our Motto: “To live as a congregation in which the love of God abides”
We are centered in God’s abiding love. Jesus said, “This is how everyone will know that you are my disciples, when you love each other.” (John 13: 35)
Our Core Values
- We welcome all people regardless of where they are on their life’s journey
- Provide opportunities for spiritual growth
- Create and sustain a supporting and caring environment
- Demonstrate God’s love through our thoughts, prayers and deedsThese values define who we are and how we participate in community together.
We seek to be a welcoming community of faith,
connected in God’s abiding love,
that ignites followers of Christ
to impact our world.
Solon UMC is a community of people committed to Jesus Christ, empowered by the Holy Spirit, connected in God’s abiding love, and called to make that love real to others.
Mission: “Making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of our world”
The people of The United Methodist Church are putting our faith in action by making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world, which is our global church’s mission.
The Solon UMC faith community is becoming a congregation of people who:
- Welcome people to experience God’s abiding love and become disciples of Jesus the Christ.
- Connect with God and one another in small group ministries.
- Ignite each disciple’s character and conduct for equipped servant ministry.
- Love others through servant ministries that will impact our world.
These strategies are the ways that we move toward our vision and accomplish our mission.
As the Solon UMC makes disciples, lives from its core values, and becomes people who are welcoming, connecting, igniting, and loving, the Holy Spirit will fulfill our mission of making disciples that transform our world.